The first question that should be on your mind is: who is a blogger? A blogger is a person who owns or manages a blog.
To become a blogger, all you have to do is start your own blog. Then, start writing and posting on the blog. That’s how to become a blogger. Nothing more!
Once you’ve decided to actually start your blog, the next question will be HOW.
How to start a Blog
The following are the steps you need to take to start a blog:
Step 1: Decide on the reason for the blog
The first thing to keep in mind is the reason you want to start a blog. People have blogs for several reasons. It could be to promote their brand or to share their ideas and thought on a subject they love. Blogging is an inexpensive way to share your thought with the world.
Step 2 Come up with a blogging concept
If you are interested in starting a blog its important you come up with a blogging concept that you enjoy. It could be gaming, food and drinks, polities, fashion, latest technology, cars and so on.
Step 3: Choose a platform
The next thing you need to do is to choose a blogging platform. You can blog on the following platforms:
- Blogger: e.g. myworld.blogspot.com – This offer free platform.
- Hosted WordPress: e.g. myworld.wordpress.com – This is a free platform
- Self-Hosted WordPress: e.g. myworld.com – on this platform you pay for hosting.
Choosing a platform depends on you reason for starting a blog. If it’s just for leisure, the free platforms can be used, but if it’s for business a self hosted platform is better and more professional.
(Optional) Step 4: choose a web host
After choosing a platform, the next thing you need to do is to choose a web host if you are starting a self hosted platform. There are several host services on the web. Examples are Host Gator, Blue host.
Step 5: Write and publish you post on your platform:
Depending on the platform you have chosen, you can now write and publish you post to the web. Below, two free platforms have been cited.
Starting a Blog on Blogger.com
Navigate to Blogger. If you have a Google account, then log in. If you don’t have a Google account, click on the red “Sign Up” button in the top right corner and register for a Google account.
- Click the “New Blog” button.
- Fill in your blog name and your desired blog address.
- You can choose a template from the options on the screen, or you can choose a template later if you want to see more options.
- Click the orange “Create Blog!” button.
- Select the “Start blogging” link.
- Enter your title and your text. When you’re done, click “Publish.”
Launching a Blog on WordPress
- Point your browser to WordPress at https://wordpress.com/. Click on the “Get Started” link.
- Fill out the online form. In the last field, type the proposed web address for your blog.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Create Blog.”
- Wait for your confirmation email. When it arrives, click the link and then sign into WordPress with your username and password.
- Choose a Theme for your blog. Your Theme determines the layout and appearance of your blog. You can either search for themes after clicking on the “Find a Theme” button or you can browse Themes based on criteria like what’s trending or what’s most popular.
- Click on the Theme you want and fill in the fields on the General Settings screen. If you want to, you can upload a photo of yourself by clicking the “Choose File” button in the gray “Blog Picture/Icon” box.
- Decide whether you want your blog to be private or public. Do you want any Internet visitor to be able to read your blog, or do you just want your friends and family to be able to read it? Pick the appropriate setting by clicking on the “Reading” link beneath the “Settings” tab.
- Write your first post. Click the “New Post” tab and enter your title and the body of your blog. You can also add photos, videos or links by using the appropriate buttons. When you’re done, click “Publish Post.”
The web hosting will do a quick search to see if the name appears on their system already. If your desired name is taken, WordPress.org will display a series of available alternatives. You can choose 1 of those options or try a different domain name until you find something that works.
After following the steps, you can be referred to as a blogger.
Feel free to leave your comments in the comment section below